I did get the projects I was working on finished for the most part. The journal with the soft cover was finished with a coptic stitch:
I finally finished the long stitch through slotted spine (I had to redo it three times before I got it right, but now I really know how to do it).
And I got the dictionary torn apart and back together in thirds, but realized too late that I either had to let the print dry longer or had to spray it with some kind of fixative. When I put the three together under a large book for the glue to dry, I found I'd smeared the print on the covers.
|I haven't decided on a resolution yet, but may just cut another Tyvek cover for each and then just label them with permanent Sharpie marker.|
I did have a lovely Easter day, beginning with this:
And for Easter, we had the hubster's sister, Jan, and her husband Jack for the afternoon and my son and his two little girls came out later. We had a lovely time. Here are a couple of pix:
|Zoë and Aunt Jan|
|Zoë in her Easter finery|
|Talking to Papa (the hubster)|
I was planning to take a bubble envelope with a book inside to the post office this morning to see what the postage would be compared to the small Priority Box and see if I could lower the prices of my journals, but I am feeling so lousy, I think I may just head back to bed.
I hope you are doing well and that you have a lovely day,