Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Kernel Panic

My computer has suffered a kernel panic and is now in the shop in Lansing awaiting a hard drive transplant. When I called Apple support, they determined that the serial number of my computer was one of the ones that is eligible for a free hard drive replacement. Apparently, some of the Seagate hard drives being used in Macs were defective. I didn't have a back up and am now regretting it very much.

It will cost around $100 for the shop to recover my data. This is considerably less than the $2500 I was going to be charged many years ago by the "experts" when my LaCie back up drive died. Needless to say, I am shopping around for an exterior hard drive to serve as a back up.


I will continue to try to do art every day, but probably will not be sharing it here until I get my machine back, which is expected to be in 2 or 3 days.


I have Miss M overnight tomorrow night and the hubster has physical therapy today and Thursday. I have an eye doctor appointment on Friday and have Miss Z overnight Friday until Saturday afternoon. It would appear that I won't have much time to miss my computer in the time it will be gone, but I miss her terribly already. I suppose if I am going to talk about my computer like this and call it "her", I should give her a name. I'll have to think about that one.


While I am gone, I will try to stay current with the blogs to which I subscribe and may even be able to leave comments here and there. It looks like I won't be playing Snood, Solitaire, or Pinochle until my computer returns. I guess that just gives me more time for reading, crossword puzzles and art.


I hope you are having a lovely and productive day and that you are finding time for yourself.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment