Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm Back - Been Sick

I don't know if I have shared this weakness of mine, but I am severely lactose intolerant. I have been very careful for much of my adult life. I guess I have gotten complacent, but somehow in the past week I must not have been vigilant enough. I was so sick I could hardly stand up yesterday and am still a bit raw today. But I am surely on the mend. The penalty for ingesting milk products is severe and certain, but luckily nonlethal (although, sometimes in the midst of it I wish for any release).

At any rate, before the onset of symptoms, I spent time in my art room cutting up the many cardboard boxes I have been saving from the landfill. I cut them into 8 x 10, 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 2 x 2, and of course 2.5 x 3.5 sizes. It is so wonderful to see the empty space under the table that houses my printer and my huge guillotine style cutter.




I haven't gotten any art done, but I have spent some very precious time with my little ones. I also spent several hours in ER with the hubster on Monday. He had been experiencing some tightness in his chest and has a family history of heart problems. Scary, but all the tests came back fine. He did a follow up visit at his doctor's office the next day and is scheduled for an echocardiogram next week.

The hubster has a three day craft show this weekend and the daughter works. That puts me home with two little girls. P doesn't have school tomorrow so a long 3 days looms. I will try to find time to do some art, but no promises.

Until next time, remember to live in the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you poor dear, so glad you have recovered now. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete