Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

More Dominoes and Christmas Prep


I tried to get a picture of the lighted houses on top of the entertainment center in the living room. It is quite difficult to get them to show up like they do in person, but I think you will get the idea from this pic. These are actually my daughter's; we really like them and are glad to display them this year. Of course, the hubster is the one doing all the work. I use the word "we" quite loosely.

I haven't had much art time lately, but did prepare a few more dominoes using Golden's iridescent copper fluid acrylics. I really like the effect. The picture doesn't show the wonderful sheen very well, but I think you can get some idea of how they look.



I am waiting to receive some bamboo tiles I ordered as well as some stamps that are the correct size for dominoes. This should give me a lot more leeway. I am planning to stamp them first and then use either colored pencil or watercolor (maybe gouache) to color them in. I'll post when I have some to show.

I think I am going to get some time off for the next two weeks. The girls' father is home for the holidays and is eager to spend time with them. They are all coming out today to bake Christmas cookies. The little girls will love this. I think my dear son (whose birthday was yesterday - Happy Bday, Adam!) will be bringing his 5 year old daughter out for the baking extravaganza as well.

I need to make a trip to town for last minute shopping and to buy some groceries (including flour and sugar for the cookies) before the weather hits. My sister who lives 2 hours west of me had blizzard conditions with a 100 car pileup on I-94 near her. I am hoping it loses some of its fierceness before it gets her.

For now, don't forget to live in the moment!

1 comment:

  1. Safe traveling and happy baking. The dominoes are looking great, I can imagine the sheen would be heavenly. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your lovely family. Hugs

    ReplyDelete