Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Shopping and Dominoes

Yesterday was a day off and I made the most of it. A girl friend picked me up at 8:30 AM and we were off. After she had her mamm and blood work, we headed to Bob Evans for breakfast. It was delicious. From there, we headed to Best Buy. I was thrilled to find that I left that store without purchasing anything - I LOVE BEST BUY. From there we went to Toys 'R Us where I found a set of dominoes for $5.99. It was a double six set and included 28 tiles. I also bought a box of Yahtzee scorecards for my Mom.

From there we went to Target. I immediately hit the dollar area and found a really cute pair of mittens for the baby and Christmas socks for the two "big" girls (they are both 5). Next was a stop at Office Depot, where I found a nice set of 12 colorful Sharpie fine point markers for under $10. I have to tell you, it was very cold yesterday with an 8 mph wind that had the wind chill near zero. It was not fun to keep getting in and out of the car, but we had a lot of fun shopping once we got inside.

We drove to the mall and spent some time in a game store. My friend was looking for a Nintendo DS game called Line Rider. We looked at Best Buy and Target and this game store with no luck and then in this game store - still no luck. From there we went to Penney's where I was able to finish up my gift shopping.

We left the mall and went to Sam's. I didn't buy anything fun there, but did pick up some salmon, orange roughy, bar soap, and a bottle of wine for the hubster. By the time we were checked out it was 2 pm and we were thirsty, hungry and cold. We stopped at the Olive Garden for some soup and breadsticks before heading home.

All in all, it was a very successful trip to town.

When I got home, I started playing with the dominoes. I don't know if these few are done yet or if I will cover these and start over, but I am pleased with them at this point. I haven't decided if I will make pendants out of them or maybe attach a magnet to the back of each.


I really wanted to try to draw some faces on them, but haven't tried that yet. Maybe today.

I have to make a trip to the post office to mail some altered CDs for a swap I am in and then the rest of the day I will spend in my art room.

As always, don't forget to live in the moment.

1 comment:

  1. The dominoes are gorgeous!

    When I clicked on the image I could see the wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete