Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Birthday and CED2009

It is Payton's birthday. She is 6 today. I wonder where those years have gone. First thing this morning she opened a gift from her Dad who is working in Louisiana these days. It was a Wii. She is thrilled.
She is going to teach me how to play. Her Mom is going to rent a game something about rabid rabbits??? that she guarantees will give me a great upper body workout. We'll see.


I spent most of yesterday working on my 25 winter-themed skinny pages with my right knee in a wrap. Since trying to run on the treadmill several days last week, my knee has been very sore. I am icing a few times a day and gimping around. Yesterday I did an upper body workout with 5 pound weights. I refuse to totally get away from my fitness routine, but I am not going to attempt to walk on the treadmill until my knee is pain free.




It is snowing again today and I am getting quite tired of it all. This is a difficult time of year here in mid Michigan. We get very few hours of sunshine and the greyness is depressing. Add to that the fact that the roads are not in very good shape with all the snow and winds we've been getting and you get cabin fever to boot.



Today begins a 5-day stretch of babysitting so my art hours will be seriously curtailed. I will manage to get something done every day, but it will not be with the same abandon I am able to accomplish on my days off.

I am going to do some rough sketching of the ideas I have for the Wacky Packages swap I am in and get another cup of coffee to get a good start to my day. As for you, don't forget to live in the moment!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you keep up with all the swaps you are in! Do you have a list? Yes, the years sure do fly by. I think you are doing a wonderful job with your exercising, even with the knee issue you are continuing to exercise your upper body, fantastic. Keep it up. I don't think I've lost an ounce of weight and I haven't exercised, so much for my resolution, the year is still young! Rest up that knee and have fun with your grandies.

    ReplyDelete