Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pain Free and CED2009

Yesterday was a pain free day, so while the baby was napping I did an upper body workout and stretched then walked 1.5 miles at 3.5 mph without any pain whatsoever. I am sooooooo happy!

I did get a chance to do a little art today. First I sketched a picture of the two little girls. I am having a hard time doing little girl faces; they always look too old. I am trying to sketch something every day so that I will begin to get better.




I also decided to decorate the cover of my art journal. While the cover had an interesting texture, it was a boring brown. The first thing I did was put a glaze of Iridescent Copper Light mixed with Acrylic Glazing Liquid. I held a cutout of a heart in place so that the glaze would leave a heart shape. I then painted the heart using Quinacridone Red. I then added some words and a lovely pair of lips using Perfect Paper Adhesive (PPA) and finished with a layer of PPA to seal it. While it is not very colorful, I like it so far. I can see myself adding to this with time, but for now I'll take it as it is. I don't think I will change the spine or back.



I also spent some time doing some contour and blind contour drawing for my beginning watercolor workshop and made a table of complementary colors to get neutrals. Meanwhile, I need to cut some of my 140# watercolor into 4 x 4 squares and begin making my whimsical cats.

As for you, don't forget to live in the moment!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for pain-free days! You're bursting with creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, pain free at last! Yay for you. BTW I love your self portrait, it is awesome. Hugs

    ReplyDelete