Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Exercise, Memories and CED2009

I tried out a new non-program plan on the treadmill on Wednesday. I warmed up and cooled down at 3.0 mph and for the in between 21 minutes I alternated walking for 5 min at 3.5 mph and then running for 2 min at 5 mph. A very nice workout.

I also had a good mail day today. I joined the North Light Book Club and placed my first order for 3 free books and a 4th for 14.99. The club I joined is all artist books. Here is a picture of my first 4 choices.


I wrote another whole page of memories from my life before age 10 in my art journal. Some of it was not really for sharing, but it felt really good to get it out. That lead to the free writing on the right hand page. I spent my school days at the Ursuline Academy with the nuns - brutal! Since it wasn't really to share word for word I lightly gessoed over it so it is not quite so readable.


After that I tried a self portrait in a different watercolor journal, but didn't realize you can't erase on watercolor. It just eats the paper. I am used to doing my faces on smooth paper. At any rate, neither attempt turned out very well, so I gessoed over lightly so the faces show through a bit and then collaged how I felt. I don't think these pages are done yet, but it was a good start.


I need to do some more practice of bamboo stalks for my Chinese Brushwork workshop. I seem to be using too much ink. For now, it is 12:11 am and I am in need of some sleep. As for you, don't forget to live in the moment!

2 comments:

  1. I love how faint the faces are compared to the other collage elements. They have an angelic quality to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane,

    It is amazing how much better they looked after I put gesso over them.

    Thanks for stopping and for taking the time to leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete