Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Inchies and More

I have never made inchies before and was a bit intimidated by the size of them. How was I going to draw on such a small "canvas"?

For this project the theme is text background. That was easy; I made the text background on a larger piece and then cut it into inchie size. I finally got up the nerve to draw on each one. I am not displeased with the result, except I think I will go over the colored pencil either with marker or wet watercolor pencil to make them "pop" more.




I also finished up an ATC exchange project whose theme is four letter words. This was fun and no pressure.




For both of these projects I still need to finish the backs before putting them in the mail. Meanwhile, I am still adding to my EDM journal, but desperately need to figure out either how to shade to give them a 3-D quality or get out the watercolors to add some depth to them. I am finally beginning to think I can reasonably draw the outline of things, now I really need to make the leap to making them look more real with shading or color.

Today is going to be quite busy. I am spending the morning with an art friend working at her house and then I am picking the kindergartner up from school and taking her to ballet class.

I won't get an opportunity to spend time in my art room today, but tomorrow I am planning to spend more time on the face for my Faces class (there is a new video due today) and maybe start a new one.

That's it for now. See you tomorrow.

Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Love your little inchies, you are so productive with all the swaps you get into.

    ReplyDelete