Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Getting Better and A Quick Sketch

Both the doctor and the PT people were quite pleased with my progress in terms of my range of motion improvement. Athena, the PT goddess, altered the hard cast so that it would no longer rest directly on the most hypersensitive knuckle on the back of my hand. The doctor thinks that when I am fully healed he will remove the screws as he feels they are interfering with the tendons. I am not looking forward to that, but Athena did say it was a minor thing that did not require therapy.


I missed posting yesterday and didn't take the time to sketch, but have done a quick sketch this morning of a favorite pitcher I bought at the Salvation Army earlier this Fall.




I have been dreaming of drawing and then painting landscapes, but realistically I think it will be awhile that really happens. For now I am just happy to have a pencil in my right hand.


xoxo



5 comments:

  1. It is good to know that things are progressing nicely for you. You did an excellent job with the pitcher drawing. Have a good weekend....ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad you can use that hand again - and I like the elegant simplicity of your pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you're on the mend! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear of your progress, and that pitcher looks great! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you lots of healing hugs as you are making excellent progress and Sketching! ~ Love the pitcher ~ very 'zen' and elegant ~ (A Creative Harbor) aka artmusedog and Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete