Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Getting My Life Back and A Face Sketch

Today was the third day in a row that I walked 2 miles on the treadmill and I must say it feels good (if a bit boring). I am really looking forward to the day I can go back to my personal training class. But for now, it appears to be another step toward my old life.


Miss Z is coming today after dinner and will stay for 2 nights. I am really looking forward to her visit and hope to get a few pix. I can now take pictures, if slowly, using my right hand to both help hold the camera and release the shutter button.


I spent just a little time in my "Face It" altered book and tried to do a face with mostly shading with a number 2 pencil. I may add some color at a later time.




I am hoping to get a watercolor started this afternoon and then spend some time on it this weekend. I hope to have something to share on Monday.


What about you? I so enjoy the comments in which you tell me about your art projects! What are  yu working on? Are you finding some time for yourself during this holiday season? Do share....


xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Well, my art project is getting my art books up off the floor in boxes and bags and into a simple shelving unit. Cheap and moveable. My children want me to get rid of all my books and go digital.
    I am thinking of seeing if the Boston Museum of Art would like the Books in the Reading Room or asking if the Boston Library would like my books to put on a shelf in the Reserved area, not to leave the building.
    I have my old college Merriam Webster, and thinking of going page by page and sketching on it. Wonder how that would be. Close your eyes drop a pin on the page and see which word it lands closest too.

    Have you made the Toll House Stuffed Oreo Cookies?
    Really want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice sketch. Lovely idea to use pages of text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't be still using your left hand to do these drawings - they're really good! And your workouts on the treadmill put me to shame - I haven't been on mine on a regular basis for ....... well, a pretty long time. Good for you!!! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete