Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Superlative Dinner and A Little Bit of Art

Yesterday during the day - at least during that part of the day that did not involve live chat with Fat Cow and telephone support with Go Daddy - I got a little bit of art completed. The first thing I did was cut a few hearts out of a piece of paper and use a bit of UTEE to turn them into "acrylic" bling for my art. They turned out really well.

I had a couple of scraps from the hubster's wood and brass pipe chime making and decided to make a simple design. I am quite happy with it despite the fact that I couldn't get the heart of adhere to the wood. I tried PPA more than once, Elmer's glue, some G-S Hypo Cement. I finally put my milk jug paint brush holder on it and so far, so good. Once I seal it, I think it will be good.



Now to the meal at Claddagh's. I had the Guinness Beef Stew and the hubster had the Stuffed Pork Chops. They were both melt in your mouth, wickedly tasty. There are not enough superlatives to describe to you how wonderful that meal. Of course, part of that is that for the first time in 28 years I tried a dish that had garlic mashed potatoes as part of it. I am severely lactose intolerant and have suffered greatly whenever I have been tempted to try anything like that. I took a couple of Lactaid capsules just before eating and am hoping for the best.

Afterward we went into Barnes and Noble next door. I found a couple of really cute decorative painting magazines, , Quick and Easy Painting and PaintWorks, and I also bought a copy of The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. We then walked around the perimeter and then made a leisurely hour long ride home.

The only disappointment in the day was that the Tigers gave up a 1-0 lead late in the baseball game and ended up losing it to the Mariners. Bummer!

I am on my first mug of coffee and am not yet ready for the day. Nancy is arriving sometime in the next hour and we are headed for the warehouse sale at USArtQuest. Unfortunately it is raining hard - we desperately need the rain, YAY - and I am bound to get wet. The sale is inside, but I must somehow get from the inside of the vehicle to the inside of the building.

Gotta go!!

1 comment:

  1. What a scrumptious dinner you enjoyed and I do hope it settled well for you. The piece you created came out great!
    All the best~Sharon

    ReplyDelete