Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wearable Art and UTEE

I've been wanting to try UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) for a long time, but had the mistaken idea that you had to keep it hot in a pot in order to use it. I was so surprised when I happened upon the YouTube video below and found out that I didn't have to melt the UTEE before using it.




I also put some clear UTEE over the domino pendant to give it a shine. My problem to solve is how to stop the UTEE from spilling over onto the sides of the domino. I may have to go back to PPA gloss as a sure way to get a good glossy finish without the mess.

I sure do love the tiles I made from the ideas in the video. I'm going to be making more and try to come up with some other ideas of my own to keep it interesting.

Here is what I made:


Now I just need to punch holes in one of the corners of the tiles and attach a couple of jump rings and they are good to go. I think I will paint the backs as they got a little spotty from the UTEE.

4 comments:

  1. Vicki, they're lovely! I really like the crackle design on them. Nice job! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I both love and hate trying new products as it takes time to get a feel for them. But you seem to have had no problems. Looks like a lot of fun - nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colors in the purple tile. funny how we worry ourselves to death over trying something new, only to find out it's so much simpler than we thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fun! I'd never heard of UTEE before. Cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete