Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Another Encaustic and More Finds

Yesterday I intended to stay in my jammies all day and just do art, but my 9 bird ATCs were ready for mailing and were taking up space in my work area, so I decided to go to the post office. Well once I was dressed and out, I thought I'd check out the second hand stores. It had been awhile since I'd been to Encore and Goodwill.

But before I left, I tried another encaustic painting. This time I cut the paper into a 3 x 5. It appears that I know what I like. The color is very much like the first one I made, except this one has no green. Also, when this was cool I polished it with an old nylon stocking and then added some gold into the blank spaces using a Metallic FX Crayola crayon. I am quite pleased with the result.


I see a headless person playing a harp


I went to Encore first and found a few lovely books and a spaghetti measuring device that looked perfect for drawing different sized circles. Then it was on to Goodwill where I found a few musical stickers and a cute template. Then I remembered that there used to be a St. Vincent de Paul store on the east side, so I drove over there. What fun! I found a handful of cookie cutters. I have been looking for cookie cutters each time I go to second hand stores, so this was a great find.
Treasure < $10

I am going to the doctor this morning as I haven't been able to get rid of this gut-wrenching cough. I assumed it was a virus and would take 7 - 10 days to run its course, but it has been a full two weeks and it is still hanging on.

Gotta go make my oatmeal and have another cup of coffee before it is time to hit the road.....

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! ok... i'm not a Christian ... but i see a lady tending to a baby ... and you know what it reminds me off ... an image of Virgin Mary cradling Jesus Christ! OMG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely the Queen-'O-Goodstuff!!! Great finds, that's for sure. I really like your encaustic a lot. I see the harp player, too. hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - it is so organic and I love the colour. Looks like you had a great time at the thrift shops. Have a great day with Nancy.

    ReplyDelete