Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Treasures and Snail Mail

Today I went with my friend, Nancy, to a very interesting place called ScrapBox in Ann Arbor. There was a wide variety of "stuff" there. Much of it I didn't immediately see a use for, but maybe after some thought I would buy other things, too. The trip was somewhat of a rush job. I had to be home by 12:30 to babysit so my daughter could go to work. I spent about $10 and got lots of interesting things.

Then when I got home I found that I had received a letter from an online friend, Debbie, with some punchinella and some corrugated cardboard. So nice to get mail that isn't either a bill or addressed to resident.



I drew a face last evening and another one before I left to shop today. I am not particularly pleased with either one, but they are not totally awful either. This is after all my practice. Drawing faces is hard, but I am determined to keep at it. My 5 year old granddaughter says that maybe tomorrow after kindergarten she will pose for me so that I can try to draw her. I think that would be really good practice and a lot of fun - if she can sit still that long.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you! I have been practicing faces for a couple years now and still I'm not always happy with them. I think yours look great!

    ReplyDelete