In one of the Yahoo! groups to which I belong we are doing a workshop using Carla Sonheim's wonderful book, "Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists". What a lovely book this is and what a great way to get yourself to loosen up while exploring drawing. I am a little late in getting started, but have completed Lab 1 and here are my fine drawings.
This is "Drawing Cats in Bed"
This one is what I made by choosing one of the cats in the picture above and playing with it in Photoshop.
I have many items on my list of things to accomplish today:
- walk the treadmill
- call the carpet/blinds professional cleaners
- get my trade with my friend, Sandy, in the mail
- get my ATCs for the ATCsForAll trade in the mail
- restart my third girl in the Faces in Technicolor class (she was a disaster and is now buried under gesso and molding paste)
- do Lab 2 in Carla's Drawing Lab book
- replace the pix on the digital photo frame in the living room
- strip beds and do laundry
There are probably a lot more things I should be doing, but I am trying to throw off the shoulds and just take it as it comes.
What do you have planned for today?