Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

I'm Back Home

Just a quick update now that I am back home.

I had a lovely lunch with my friend, Sandy, in Niles. She was friendly and we talked like we were old friends. I am hoping to nurture this friendship. I drive over to that part of the state fairly frequently and will have to make an effort to connect with her. I am hoping she will be teaching a painting workshop in Buchanan in the Spring; I will definitely sign up for it.

I had a lovely two days with my sister and her husband. They are really good hosts and I feel very much at home at their place.

I drove secondary roads over on Tuesday and back home again today. It adds about 45 minutes to the drive, but the stress level is so much less, it is quite pleasant driving. The hubster made coffee as soon as he heard the garage door; he is such a sweetie. I am going to read the newspapers I missed while I was away, unpack, do a load of laundry and then before I take my shoes off, I am driving over to the library. They have books for me.

 I will have a more traditional post tomorrow with a photo of the lovely painting Sandy gave to me (I can't believe she made this just for me) and perhaps some art.

It was a wonderful break from the routine for the past couple of days, but it is always good to be home.

There is no place like home (tapping my heels together).

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment