Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Last Minute Monday

I think I've been lost and have finally found myself.

We celebrated Thanksgiving on Friday with my son, his girlfriend and his daughter (the other Little Miss 7) and one of the hubster's brothers. It was very busy, wonderfully aromatic and lots of fun. Little Miss 7 stayed overnight. We set the alarm for Saturday morning and she and I followed Poppa into town to help him set up for his craft show. We met some really great people at the show and purchased a couple of things for my little sweetie and then I took her home. I went back to the fairgrounds later in the day to help the hubster load up for the drive home.

On Sunday after I made homemade turkey soup, Poppa and I went over to the daughters where we cleaned out the eaves, hung outdoor Christmas lights and helped her clean out her garage by taking cardboard and styrofoam to the recycle center. Sunday night my daughter's two little girls stayed overnight and we got up to an alarm again to get this Little Miss 7 ready for school. I drove her to school and then spent the day with Little Miss 3 until I took her home around 4 pm. I got home just in time to tutor the Algebra student from across the street.

I finally decided it was time to post to my blog. While I haven't been very artsy, I've had a couple of artists in residence and have a couple of pix to share.







On another note, I had an inquiry as to whether or not I would consider making a journal with graph paper pages. I looked around and found I had some gridded paper left over from my supplies while teaching high school math. I cut them, folded them and put them into signatures and found a cover I liked, but then decided the paper was too lightweight for the waxed linen thread I'd been using for heavier paper. I went to JoAnn's yesterday and they were having a buy one, get one free sale on heavyweight polyester thread. I got 4 different colors - 2 I paid for and 2 were free.

I will try to get some stitching done tomorrow, but have another busy day coming up, so no promises. Here is what the journal looks like so far.





I really like the soft vinyl covers and think I will sew the signatures with  the same stitch I used in the last one and then just attach endpapers to hold it all together. In that way, the journal will open flat.

I wanted to give a heads up to the blogger who gave a link to a wonderful artists who uses only Crayola crayons, but I can't remember who that blogger was. After being told by everyone whose art classes I've had the opportunity to attend that you should buy the best materials you can buy regardless of the price, it is so refreshing to see this talent and to know that he is using only children's crayons. You really owe it to yourself to go to Don Marco's site and take a look.

I hear the hubster making salad in the kitchen and I really should go help with dinner preparation. I hope to see you tomorrow.

xoxo


5 comments:

  1. Nice and warm post =) Guests artists are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful holiday was had! Love the journal with the graph paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog wins the award for having the cutest guest artists :-)

    Your journal looks great too. Looks like you are on a roll! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks for that link! Crayolas??

    Your guest artists are adorable and I really like your grid journal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ARE quite the busy person. I was tired just reading your post! haha Nice pics of your artists in residence. Everyone should have a couple of those in their house. :)

    ReplyDelete