Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Another Birthday and A Sketch

Today is my brother's birthday. I "catch up" to him for 4 days. He now "catches up" to another sister until March 6. My mother had 14 children and several of us are less than a year apart. Mike is celebrating the big "60" today. Happy Birthday, bro!

The hubster and I and my sister and her husband had dinner at Crabs - We Got 'Em last evening to celebrate the hubster's birthday. The food was great, the waitress was wonderful and the waitresses sang "Happy Birthday". He also got a complimentary piece of key lime pie for dessert.

It is another cold day here. Right now it is 39ยบ and there is a chance of a bit of freezing rain this morning. We are hoping to drive to Pensacola today to a Barnes & Noble. I am in serious need of some hard crossword puzzles.

I have another sketchbook page to share. I am not very happy with it. The pelican's body should be longer and the willet's legs are too short and thin. I am sketching with pen and now need to learn to add more and make changes even if I can't erase the original lines.

For what it is worth here it is:





I also took a picture from my sister's condo. She has views of both the gulf and the sound. This is a picture of the sound that I particularly like.





I need to grab a banana and then head to the gym.

I hope to see you tomorrow.

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I think Birds are your thing. The pelican is great!!!!!!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it's worth, 39 degrees sound like heaven! It's one degree above zero F here, right now, with a wind chill of minus ten. Thanks for the quick glimpse of your vacation spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki, great effort. If it's any help,birds come from eggs, and if you look at the shape of birds, the body is roughly egg shaped as is the head, so if you start with a small egg on top of a big egg, your halfway there. Hope this helps.
    Phil
    ps. Enjoy the hols

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, that coastline shot is mesmerizing...wish i was there and not knee deep in snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although it seems that birds would not be very hard to draw, I always find them difficult. I think you did well on these, particularly the pelican. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice view! I think you're doing fine with the birds! Sometimes if I make the legs too short, I simply redraw them longer right over the short ones, even when in pen! Sure, I can see both, but the masters didn't see any problem with leaving them both in! And sometimes you can find ways to disguise the stray marks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki you did really well with the pelican, that's the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice sketches of them birds. Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete