Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Watercolor WIP and More Digital Scrapbooking

I didn't get a thing done yesterday - wait a minute - I did get the oil changed, the tires rotated and a software update recall issue fixed on my car and went grocery shopping with my daughter. I think I did a lot yesterday, but not much art.

I really wasn't feeling well in the afternoon. I actually spent some time lying on the bathroom floor and then on the couch with a cup of hot tea and a cold cloth on my forehead. I am not so sick today, but am not quite up to par, either.

This morning I spent a bit of time adding some mountains and some trees along one of the closer hills to the watercolor work in progress and I like that addition.

As a reminder: here is what it looked like yesterday:




And here it is today:


I know it has some issues, but so far I like where it is headed. I sprayed a fine mist over the background mountains to achieve some texture and maybe that wasn't the best idea, but I am experimenting and learning as I go.


I am also spending more time with My Memories Suite, digital scrapbooking software, and I must say so far I am really enjoying it. I downloaded the User Guide and am finding it very helpful. I have also found their blog and tutorials. I will continue to share with you and when I've played enough I will give you a full blown review of this product. Meanwhile, if you are a scrapbooker and would like to learn more about this product, you can follow the link above. There is also a link on the sidebar with a code that will save you $10 when you purchase. As a person who purchased Photoshop for digital scrapbooking at a whopping $650, I can only shake my head in wonder at this product that is less than $40, and with the savings code, it is less than $30. What's more, it is a download so there is no postage to pay.

Stay tuned for more on this product including a giveaway of one software package which will be announced here in the near future. This giveaway will be available to anyone in the world as there is no postage associated.

Meanwhile, let me share with a lovely wedding card I made using this software this morning. I used a photo from my own yard, added a mat and text in My Memories and printed in onto a prescored card that I had purchased some time ago from Red River Paper, my favorite source for paper.


I think I'd better go eat breakfast and get this day started.

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been by for a while. So every time I get over here, I'm really impressed by what you've been doing.

    You're definitely a fast learner, Vicki, ... did the teachers tell you that in grade school? lol.

    Sorry you're not feeling well and hope you're 100% real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's looking really nice! Beautiful card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painting is coming along nicely. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you're Not supposed to ever get sick! I hope you're lots better today and that whatever it is has left for good. The painting is coming along very nicely. I like what you've done so far - adding the extra hills makes a huge difference. And, of course, your card with your photo of the tulips is beautiful! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. More detail is always good =) keep it going Vicki, you're heading to the right direction there!

    ReplyDelete