Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Girls of Summer and A Bit of Art

I was overrun by girls this weekend - it was great fun, but I am really tired this morning. Miss 4 came to our house around noon on Friday and spent the night. We took her up to the mall so Papa could pick up a couple of things from his booth to take to the Holt Farmers' Market, and then walked to the local ice cream shop. It is really nice to have just one of the girls at a time. Miss 4's Mom picked her up around 11:30 on Saturday morning. Miss Z arrived around 6 pm and spent the night. She has become a very busy and determined girl, but what a lovely, if willful, child. I think I want to try a portrait of her in pastel. Miss 9 and little sis, Miss 4, arrived around noon on Sunday and were with us until about 8 pm. Miss Z was picked up around 3 pm. The weather has been so nice that the big girls spent much of their time out in the yard and actually found a small painted turtle in the creek. They gently put it into a bucket of creek water and brought it into the house to show us. They tried to find it some food until I persuaded them to release it back into the creek in case its family was missing it.


I did find time to do a bit of quick sketching. While reading the blogs to which I subscribe, I saw someone's "virtual paintout" art from Jerusalem, Israel. I decided to get the little yellow man and find a street scene that I could draw.




I also did a couple of quick pen sketches during a lull in the activities.




And did a watercolor pencil sketch in my nature journal.




The hubster just left for his yearly physical and I am planning to go to my conditioning class at 9:30. I hope to jog for an hour on the treadmill after class. And then the day is my own. I am beginning on a watercolor under painting of a sailboat in a harbor, which I am planning to finish in pastels. I hope to have something to share with you tomorrow.


It is very warm here this morning, but is quite overcast. We were expecting thunderstorms overnight, but didn't get them. Perhaps they will arrive today. We really need the rain.


I hope you are doing well and that your muse is alive and well and that you find time for yourself today.


xoxo

4 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with all you're able to accomplish! I love what you've been doing and your sketch with the little yellow man is really nice! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how much activity you fit into your day and still produce such lively sketches. I especially like the architectural sketch. It would make a nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We desperately need the rain too! I saw flashy skies earlier tonight but I think the rain bypassed us once again! :(

    Terrific pages. I need to try the google thing again. I just always seem to spend the day searching without landing anywhere!

    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete