Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sketches in my Nature Journal

When I am jogging on the treadmill, I am mentally sketching the tree just outside. I've been intending to sketch it in my nature journal for some time now and have finally done so. I used my Caran d' Ache Neocolor II crayons. I really like their creaminess and how nicely they blend together.




And then the facing page was crying for a treatment, too, so I tried to draw and color a fall leaf similar to the one I won a long time ago from Karen Blados. I'm afraid mine does not compare to hers, but it was nice to have such a good likeness from which to model mine.




It was in the 90s yesterday, but we were supposed to have a cold front go through and the weather persons promised a cool, breezy day today.  It is a gorgeous morning, but not breezy yet. The outside thermometer reads about 64º, but the indoor temperature reads 78º, despite the fact the windows were open all night. I hope it is cooler in here before I decide to do my hour on the treadmill.


Once I've finished my commitment to the treadmill, I am determined to clean up my art room. It is knee deep and the hubster commented yesterday that he fully expects to find that I am lost somewhere in here and can't find my way out. It is so messy, I hardly know where to begin. 


Once I have my room more organized, I am planning to finally cut the niches in my altered book that I started some time ago. I've been paralyzed at the point of actually having to use a scalpel to cut the openings. I am just a tad nervous when wielding sharp implements. I will show you my progress tomorrow.


Meanwhile, I hope you are having a great day and that your muse is at the ready to provide inspiration when you need it.


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Your maple leaf is awesome. Looks great on the text background.

    ReplyDelete