When that was completely I added a bit of Perylene Red to most of the flower. You will see that just after this application while washing out my brush I dripped a bit of water onto the painting. For now I just blotted it with a tissue and decided to put off dealing with it until another time.
|I don't know why it looks so dark in the bottom right. It is not like that in real life.|
Meanwhile, I've been working on my altered book too. Here is what I've done to the cover.
|This is a watercolor on top of Daniel Smith's watercolor ground.|
|This is the cover with some wallpaper over the back and spine.|
|The inside of the front of the book with wallpaper attached.|
|I finally settled on a title. I decided that instead of doing my own lettering I'd search the container of cut outs from Family Circle magazine and let that dictate the name.|
I just finished reading "Wheat Belly" and am going to try to eat only foods that don't require a food label to tell you what they are and this book will be a reflection of that. I am really looking forward to beginning on the inside pages, but first need to cut out my niche. I plan to do that tomorrow.
Today I am going to my daughter's house by 7:30 to get Miss 9 to school and then I have a still life class with Mary Rochelle Burnham through the Jackson Civic Art Association. I will tell you all about it tomorrow and may even have something to share.
Gotta run! I'll have to read your blogs later. I am so looking forward to seeing what you are working on.