Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Healing and More Hand Carved Stamps

I am not quite as bruised this morning, but am planning to stay home from yoga class again today. I am going to find out about a beginner class that may be offered after the one I've been going to that I think is a bit too advanced for me.


I spent a bit of time at my daughter's house yesterday and successfully got her wireless hooked up. I had taken my iPad with me, so I was able to use the wireless and I downloaded some beginner yoga videos and watched a couple of journaling videos - one of Inspiration Wednesday by Donna Downey and one about layers with Jellibellie. They were great!


After I got home, I carved a couple more stamps - actually I did three. A pear and a couple of Fall themed foliage stamps. Here is the pear in its positive and then negative carving. I thought that I wanted it to be a positive image - the one at the top, but then decided I wanted to be able to color it in, so I removed the inside portion to just get an outline.




And then I stamped it on the page in progress that I'd adhered to the pages.





And then I used Caran d'Ache Neocolor II crayons to color the pear in. Now I'm really loving it!




And then I decided I wanted a sunflower stamp, but when I looked outside for inspiration, I saw some beyond their prime and decided I'd rather have the weedy look. So I carved two different ones and I really like them both.



I used different colors of ink to give them different looks.

Here is my Fall page in progress. I don't think it is done yet, but I like it so far.




Yesterday I got an email from Beth Berman which included a link to her blog, Sew Sew Art, where I found a tutorial for making a stamp using a photo. Needless to say, I followed that link and today I am going to try my hand at doing just that. Thanks so much Beth!


So my day will include carving stamps and making the fabulous beans to take to the pot luck tomorrow and who knows what else??!! What about you? What do you have planned for the day? Does it include cooking? art? Do tell.....


xoxo

7 comments:

  1. wow! love your carvings especially the first sunflower ~ So glad you are going to do a more 'gentle yoga' ~ breathing is really the most important piece so you will get just as much out the 'gentler yoga' ~ Have a wonderful day ~ can't wait to see your next carvings ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stamps, and I'm glad you took another day off to heal. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow! Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great stamps, Vickie! The sunflower ones are my fave! :)

    ReplyDelete