Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

On the Road

Yesterday was a great driving day with more and more Fall color the farther north we drove. There was more traffic than I expected, but still a good drive.

We got to my Mom's in mid-afternoon and stopped for coffee and a visit. My brother, Mike, was there and I hadn't seen him in a long time, so it was an even better stop than anticipated. Mom looked really good and is looking forward to the wedding this weekend. It will be a tough trip for her. It will take 4 or 5 hours, but they will stop a lot and let her get out and move around to ease her arthritic knees.

We spent the night in Epoufette along US-2, a small basic motel, but clean and a great view with an overlook of Lake Michigan right across the road. The only bad thing so far is that we couldn't get the Tiger game on the TV, so had to look for updates online.

Here is a picture of the sunset last night:


It is much more vibrant and colorful on my laptop.

And on a totally different topic - when I uploaded the sunset pics I discovered I had pix of the hubster's wine rack he built out of oak - it is really beautiful with a removeable tray built into the top.





I had him put all those different sized glasses to show the various sizes that would fit. I don't really think those great big glasses are the size you would be using. This is really beautiful and is on casters. He is asking $300 for it and has taken it to the mall where he sells his wood creations. He hasn't yet put anything online, but I am hoping to get a site up this winter. I am not sure about the shipping on something of this size, but once I have a site up I will have it link to a site that will figure that out based on the purchaser's zip code.

It is a chilly, windy morning and we are just getting ready to make coffee here in our little room and then we will hit the road and stop for breakfast somewhere on the way. I think it is another 4 or 5 hours to Iron River and our destination. We have been told there is a cookout this evening for all guests and then the wedding and reception are tomorrow afternoon and evening.

So far, it is a great getaway and I am looking forward to the rest of the weekend!

Bye!



0 comments:

Post a Comment