Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Artless

I had a really busy day yesterday and finally settled down to work on some art, but I didn't prepare well and all was lost. I printed out four faces on the same watercolor paper to try different media, but didn't realize the grayish background that printed on each would interfere with the color I was using and the gray ran when I applied water. I will try again today. But today I will transfer the pix to the paper instead of relying on the printer.

Meanwhile, I thought I would share some of my "art" from years ago. My first venture into being arty was with scrapbooking. I only did the "hands-on" kind for a very short time, then I found Photoshop and my life changed forever. Here are a few of my favorites from that period.

I had such fun making this one almost 7 years ago.


It all began with the grandgirls. They were so photogenic!


This one seemed appropriate for this time of year.


One of my all time favorites.


Oh, the memories!

I'm thinking that maybe I should still be finding time to do digital scrapbooking. Little ones become big ones so quickly. These are great to look back on and I think the girls enjoy them more than any of  the rest of us.

I hope I haven't bored you with these nostalgic pix. Looking at old scrapbook pages was a very pleasant experience for me. 

If you haven't yet left a comment on yesterday's post to get in on the drawing for a box full of stamps, don't forget to do it before Thursday at midnight.

Gotta run. I hope to have a bit of new art to share tomorrow.

xoxo


7 comments:

  1. Vicki, You've got some priceless memories there! I'm sure the girls will love looking back at them years from now to relive the moments. I started following your blog when you were doing your photoshop repeat designs that were so lovely. You've really mastered the program. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying on the hat is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sometimes I forget how great you are using Photoshop! These are so cute, and I'm sure they evoke wonderful memories for you (and them, when they get older .... or maybe even now!). hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete