Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

First Day Of Vacation

So here we are in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. We waited until after dinner to walk down to the falls, so I took pix in the dark, but I still think they turned out pretty well. What do you think?





The drive was fantastic with just a bit of construction and mostly smooth roads. There was quite a bit of traffic once we got to Hamilton, but all in all it was a great day. I think we may have to walk down to the Falls tomorrow morning in the daylight in order to get more pix and then we are going over to the American side and heading to Old Forge, NY, in the Adirondacks.

I haven't done any art yet, but hope to get some sketching done tomorrow on one of our stops along the way. 

I don't know if we will have internet access in Old Forge, but if I do I'll post tomorrow. Otherwise I will have a lot to show you the next day.

xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Niagra Falls is just a breathtakingly beautiful place, and these pictures are wonderful! Nice to hear from you so soon! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are fantastic. It's been many, many years since I've been to Niagra Falls. I always liked the Canadian side best. Gardens along the parkway were beautifully manicured and tulips of every color in bloom.If you have time, be sure to take the ride on the Maid O'the Mist...breathtaking. Sounds like you're off to a good start. Can't wait to see what else you post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are fantastic. Thanks for taking us along on your vacation! I hope you find some time for art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niagara is beautiful. Hope you have a fantastic holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos. Have a wonderful vacation - I'm most envious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing. enjoy the rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular photos of the Falls!

    ReplyDelete