Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hummingbird Stamp and Mail Art

I found a hummingbird image in one of the books in the little girls' room and decided I really needed a hummingbird stamp. I must admit there is something very soothing about carving, even when I make mistakes. I also tried my hand at a dead tree to use in my mail art with a Fall theme.




And I got the postcards ready to mail, but because I am leaving early this morning to go north and the deadline for mailing them is actually mid-December, I will wait to post them until I return early next week. I will drive into Leslie to mail them as the ladies there really appreciate seeing the arty things I send.


I used a filter to obliterate the addy.




I had a wonderful workout in my personal training session yesterday afternoon and shortly after I got home Miss Z came for the night and then my daughter and her two girls came for a late dinner. It was wonderful to have the three girls here together. The baby really loves her two bigger cousins and they all had a great time.


I've had a shower this morning, but need to go blow dry my hair and get packed while Miss Z is still sleeping. Then I will have a quick bite and play with her for a bit before I head out. I am taking my camera with me and my iPad, so if I get a chance I will post from the road.


What are you up to today? Does it include travel? art? baking? Do share.....


xoxo

8 comments:

  1. You have made a great job of those stamps, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stamps are gorgeous! Love the hummingbird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous carving! Love the bird on the text!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hummingbird stamp is beautiful! you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your carved stamps are wonderful, vicki!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do so well with the carving! Inspiring!
    The post cards are fun! Nice that you had all the girls together.
    Enjoy your travels. No traveling for me these days. Only on the web--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing job with the hummingbird stamp, and I really like your postcard! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete