Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

More Hand Carved Stamps

Another busy weekend and Monday has arrived much too quickly again. We got a lot of rain this weekend, and I saw a rainbow. The strange thing is that I saw the rainbow before the storm. I think it must have been the back of someone else's, but that didn't make it any less beautiful.


You may have to click on the photo to make it bigger in order to see it.


We invited the kids and their families for dinner last evening, but the son already had plans. But he did send Miss K along with Dana and her two. I made a big meatloaf with mashed potatoes and corn and I'd purchased an apple pie at Meijer's earlier in the day. We had a lovely meal together - I think it is that time of year to make this a biweekly plan.


The Tigers have now won the first two games from the Yankees in the ALDS and the best thing is that they won them at Yankee Stadium. Winning away from home is generally more difficult than winning at home. The next two games will be in Detroit - wish I had the means to get a couple of tickets so I could take the hubster and my new 20x camera.


I didn't get much art time this weekend. On Saturday I attended the Wizard of Oz with my friend Carol. It was put on by the Town Hall Players in Stockbridge and it was delightful. I'd never been to a local theater production before and I was quite impressed by it all. Ms. Gulch/Wicked Witch of the West was played by a former SIL of Carol's and I was asked to take a photo of them afterward.




After dinner and the Tiger game, I retired to my room to do a bit of carving. I carved a feather and a glass.




This morning I have my conditioning class followed by the core floor exercises and then I have another handmade journal to put in the post (thanks, Sherrie). Later I have to go to Best Buy to return a battery they told me would work in place of the Canon one for my new camera - it doesn't. And then later this afternoon I have a Friends of the Library meeting. I hope to make some time for art in there somewhere.


What about you? What are you up to today? Does it include time for the creative you? If so, do share,


xoxo

5 comments:

  1. that make-up of the wicked witch of the West is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful weekend ~ 'comfort food' dinner sounds yummy ~ fun carvings again ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    me ~ working on a poetry book to eventually self publish ~ sketching and went to artist/photographers meeting today ~will sketch and walk artmusedog ~ rather lazy lately (weather dreary) ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki, I just moved back to MI, about a year and a half from Colorado. I was born here, and we are probably going to retire in the TC area. Great to find your blog and I will have to pop back and check in on you! don't you love carving! love your feather...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grrrrr.... Tigers v. Yanks! :-)

    Great carvings. I have not attempted that yet but may give it a try soon. I love your feather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stamps get better and better. I Love the house one.

    ReplyDelete