Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

CED2009, Everyday Matters, and Whimsical Cat Swap

I had a very productive day today. I am still working out regularly on the treadmill and doing an upper body workout every other day. Today I went back to the program that I like on the treadmill. It is 30 minutes, the incline ranges between 6 and 8 degrees and the speed alternates between 3 and 3.5 mph. I love it. According to the machine there is a 245 calorie burn in that time. The instructions tell you to hang on while walking - duh!!?? I swing my arms and walk as naturally as I can. I think I am perhaps burning more calories because of that.

I also finished my whimsical cats for the swap on ATCs for All. I was thinking I would do a few a day and then mail them in well before they are due on March 15 (the ides of March, YIKES!). But once I got one done, I couldn't wait to try another and before I knew it, I had them done.



I've joined a new Yahoo! group called Everyday Matters. It is based on a Danny Gregory book and there is a weekly prompt for sketching. I think this might help me to keep drawing every day. I know I need the practice.

I haven't decided yet what I am going to do with the pages in my art journal that I posted yesterday. I am thinking that as much as I like doing backgrounds that maybe I would go ahead and do more of those and then go back to add to them when my muse comes back from lunch.

As for you, don't forget to live in the moment!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your whimsical cats - they have turned out fabulous. You just have to do some more, you have a real knack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I just love the kitties. :-)

    But I also want to say yay for you for continuing on your exercise program!! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cats - they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete