Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Voodoo Sketch Challenge

I subscribe to a great blog, Notes from the Voodoo Cafe, in which Rice is posting a challenge to sketch nearly every day. Today she had a photo of a hypodermic needle and a paper clip. I make myself draw with black pen instead of pencil. If I use pencil I erase and redo over and over until I am totally frustrated and the tooth of the paper is totally ruined.




I think my sketches are recognizable as what they are, but the size and perspective are pretty bad. This challenge thing is just what I need to get the juices flowing and push myself beyond just drawing what I usually do.



Thanks, Rice!

Please pardon the quality of the photos.

3 comments:

  1. i like these! i esp. like the clip--you did well with the syringe, too--that one was a bitch to draw, wasn't it? i've got to pick better stuff if i'm going to keep doing this--a success first thing in the morning is glorious, but a lousy drawing? grrrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your sketches turned out great, nothing like something like this to challenge ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your drawings look great to me. i dunno if i had to use pen/marker if i could do this... i'd end up with a pile of pages on the floor because i could not erase. great work.

    ReplyDelete