Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Life Gets in The Way

I feel like I have been away forever. We have all been down with varying degrees of head colds, sore throats, coughing and not sleeping through the night. This is especially hard on the little ones.
We have also been house hunting, which I find very fun. But it is very emotional and time consuming. DD thinks she has found another house that she would like to put an offer on, only this time she likes it much more than the other. The location is perfect for her and the yard is really nice. She and her Dad are going to meet a realtor there Saturday morning. I really want to go, but someone has to stay home with the girls.

I had the most unusual phone call yesterday. First some background - I took some "math tutor" posters to the local junior college in August of 2007 and an instructor friend of mine hung them on bulletin boards in the hallway and in the math help room. I never heard from anyone. Now to the phone call - I answered and a young man said, "Is this the math tutor?" You must understand that my son is always calling me and pretending to be someone else. At first I thought this must be him, but the voice sounded natural and not at all like his. At any rate, I am tutoring him on Saturday morning. He is in a Calculus class and would like some help.

Of course, the first thing I did was dig out my old textbook, thinking I'd better do some relearning, since I hadn't done any calculus in almost 2 years. What a wonderful surprise! I remember it all. I looked through the first 6 chapters and there was nothing that looked foreign at all. I had the notion that Calculus would be something you would lose if you did not use it, but it is just like an old friend. I am really looking forward to this session and hope it becomes a routine. It would be nice if he continued with the tutoring and told friends about it and I could get a few more students. I am thinking selfishly of the art supplies I could buy without dipping into the family budget.

I have to go pay property taxes today and go to the post office to mail the ATCs I am trading. I am hoping the baby will nap today so that I can do some painting. My art journal is calling to me. It has been too long since I worked/played in it. Yesterday when I put the baby down for her nap, I did a core workout with Cathe and then did 30 minutes on the treadmill at 5 degrees incline at 3.3 mph. If you are unfamiliar with Cathe, you should check her out. She is my favorite workout guru to date. Tomorrow is the last day of February and is weigh and measure day. I am excited and hopeful that I have lost more pounds and inches!

I workout with the iPod so don't hear much local noise while walking. Imagine my surprise when I got done to hear the little sobbing and calling, "Nana!" Certainly got no art done yesterday. She never did go back to sleep. She is a delight but such a busy little girl.

I am hoping to post some new art work tomorrow. I dislike posting a note with no pix, but it is surely better than not posting at all!

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed by your weight loss and commitment to exercise while here I am still thinking about it. I have a rotten head cold and feel miserable, and my Mac is still in the shop, sob. Calculus! Hmm, I wouldn't know where to begin. Your brain obviously works a little differently to mine, hehe. I can't wait until you get started on Paulette's class, I'm nearly as excited as you about you doing it! Though I do have the backgrounds one to start myself woo hoo.

    ReplyDelete