Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm Still Here

I don't know where the past few days have gone. The baby has a constant stream out of her little nose and is coughing, so she is not sleeping; which means that I am not getting my "art break" while she naps. Today was my day off, but I had an appointment with the CPA who does our taxes and had to go back in the afternoon to bring some things I had forgotten and I had to redo some of the reports I had brought her. I also went to Michael's to get some Xyron adhesive cartridges for my 5: create a sticker machine. They were 40% off. While I was there I also bought the brushes that are recommended for the Faces class I am taking in early March with Paulette Insall. I have been waiting for this class since early last Fall, and am thrilled to be taking it soon.

Needless to say all that running around didn't produce any art. When I left the CPA office for the second time, I headed to Meijers to do some grocery shopping, then came home and made meatloaf and baked potatoes for dinner. It is the 6 year old's favorite meal.

I am now in my room and have begun the background of the next double spread in my art journal. I also have a list of 8 things art related that I have to do. A couple of them are for organized swaps and the rest are for private swaps. I need to get busy.

I also found out today that I was a lucky winner for some lovelies from SkinnyLaMinx. I can't wait to see what I won. If you are not familiar with her, you should pop over to her blog. She makes some wonderful designs.

I hate to write a blog post and not have any pix to go along with it, so I will include a couple that I did last Fall. The first one is a background of my favorite colors and the other is a sketch I made while looking at a famous painting. Do you recognize it? I hope to have some new art soon which I will show you.




As for you, don't forget to live in the moment!

4 comments:

  1. Good art and health to you, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like The Birth of Venus by Botticelli to me. Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birth of Venus no doubt! Can I borrow that background image? I'll give it back afterwards :) It's soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. K8 you can certainly borrow the background. Actually I got it free by clicking on a link at the bottom of the page of one of the blogs I read, thriftycollageartist.com

    It is soothing.

    On another note: how do you pronounce shite (I am not being facetious), is it a long i sound like white? or is it a short sound as in shit?

    Whenever I see it in print, I wonder? And I see it a lot, so I must ask.

    ReplyDelete