Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I am Still Here

Boy, things have been rough around here lately. The hubster is sick, the daughter is sick, the baby is just getting over being sick and still has a cough and runny nose. That means that I am not getting much art time these days.

I did spend some time yesterday while the baby was napping and made some ATC cards for a private swap. The person swapping said she likes unicorns, elephants, parrots and dancers. I find I much prefer hand drawn cards rather than collaged ones and hope she likes these.




I have also been trying to drawing something everyday. I haven't been posting them every day because some days I just don't get time to post and other days I don't think they are worthy of posting. That doesn't mean that I think the ones I do post are spectacular in any way, but I do think they show some growth in my drawing skill. I would still like to learn about shading and gesture drawing. I will have to keep my ear to the ground and see if I can find a class. I have read many library books, but think that in this instance I need more than I can do myself using a book.

I am coughing a bit as I type this and find it hurts my abs, my chest and upper back. It is a good pain, though. It means that my workout yesterday really did something. In the morning I did my upper body workout with my 5 lb weights and then did the uphill 30 minutes on the treadmill. Later in the day, I got out my balance and did a core workout with Cathe and then did her stretch on the ball. What a great workout!

I haven't been getting much sleep lately, so I have got to finish up and get to bed. As for you, don't forget to live in the moment!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a caring, sharing family aren't you. Hope you feel better soon. The ATC's are great. My Mac is going in to be serviced, so don't worry if you don't hear from me for a while. Talk to you soon. Hugs

    ReplyDelete