Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

One Step Photo Correction and Eye Candy

Here is a very short tutorial for correcting a photo that appears to have a color cast.

Open the photo and make a duplicate by dragging the background layer to the new layer icon at the bottom of the layers palette. I always duplicate the background layer so that I am not working on the original. This photo has a red color cast.




Image > Adjustments > Match Color




Click on Neutralize. Voila!




Here is the before and after:




Do try this and see if it works for you. And now, some eye candy:




 


 


 


 






 


 

If you are getting tired of my background patterns, I sincerely apologize for continuing to post them. Oh, look at the time! I'd better get a move on or I am going to be late for my PA (Photoshoppers Anonymous) class.

See ya!




7 comments:

  1. tired of them? How could ANYONE be tired of them? Love them!! and I can't wait to try that Photoshop trick ...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki,
    Love your backgrounds. I made a couple and am hooked! Thanks.
    Mary S (the artistic avenues)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your backgrounds - how could anyone tire of them? What's your copyright view on these - there are a couple I'd love to use as frontispieces inside some of my coptic books (the last green one, for example). I'd be looking to sell the books eventually, so whether that makes a difference? And are they high enough resolution for printing?

    If the answer's NO, then I'll just have to try harder, and make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tutorial, but which version of Photoshop are you using? I don't see those choices on PS Elements 7, so I'm just curious. Lovely backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good little photoshop tutorial. I have so much to learn in that department. Excellent backgrounds too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried any of them, but I'm gearing up for it! Thanks again for your most generous gift! All your backgrounds are wonderful ... this time I especially love the trees with the "sunset" background and the green one with the people on it. You're the best! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been enjoying your posts and the wonderful backgrounds, thank you!
    I do hope you will come by my blogs and see what I have been doing with photoshop! I am way behind you, but learning all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete