Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

EDiM and More Old Books

I got all my errands done yesterday and hope to get some work done in my art room today - both in cleaning up and in making art. I have an appointment for a pedicure (first one of the year) and haircut this afternoon and am anxious for both. I am going to my Mom's this weekend and am hoping to be able to show those toes, but who knows. She is 4 hours north of me and right now it is 40º F, feels like 37ºF at my house, not exactly bare foot conditions.


While I was out and about yesterday I went to the Book Cellar, a friends of the library used book store and got a dozen books. I feel like I hit the jackpot. It was quiet and well organized and the volunteers who man (woman) the store were quite helpful and friendly. Here is what I found. If you click on the picture, you will be able to see them better.




I also found a baseball scorecard online at Printable Paper and printed one so I could keep score while watching the game. It was rather fun and I think I will do the same today. However, I was so into the game (The Tigers finally won after a 7 game losing streak - go tigers!!!), I forgot to do my sketch for Every Day in May until late in the evening. 


The task for yesterday was to draw some exercise equipment. I decided to sketch my weights, but then the page looked too empty so I added my balance ball. The ball is a bit wonky - a little too elongate and not quite round enough, but I think you get the idea. I think it is an unbalanced balance ball.





Today I am to sketch salt and pepper shakers. I hope to get to them before 10 pm so that I can take my time and do a better quality job. Although, I must say I really enjoyed sketching the hand weights while sitting on the floor of my closet last night.


Well, I suppose if I am to get anything done today, I'd best get it in gear. Thanks for visiting. It is always so nice to "see" you.

xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment