Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Late Nights and Making Time for Art

I stayed up way too late again last night and I'm afraid two nights in a row may have been a bit much. I didn't get out of bed until 10 this morning and then was greeted by a phone call from my daughter asking if I would take Miss 8 and Miss 3 around noon and keep them overnight until she can pick them up after work around 3:30 pm. Of course, I didn't hesitate. I will have a lot of fun with them and they are getting ready for a two week trip to Myrtle Beach and I am sure I will miss them while they are gone. This does change the plan for the day.


I was able to get my horizon line straightened up a bit in the Adirondack chairs WIP, but find that adding any more layers just messes up what is already there. I will take it outside and spray it with a workable fixative and then work on it some more later in the week. Here it is just before getting fixed:






I also did a sketch of my favorite drawing tool for EDM 222. I first sketched it lightly in pencil and then dipped it in ink and used it to draw itself.



I put this aside and made coffee and greeted my girls, worked a puzzle with Miss 3 and am just getting ready to take the girls on some errands to the Mason Mall and Meijers and then to the library and the ice cream store.


I was finally able to upload my pictures and would welcome comments and/or suggestions.

Gotta go!!!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. The chairs are coming along nicely! Lookin forward to our date! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress on the chairs. I am sure you'll take pictures of your little date there with Nancy =) Can't wait to see those

    ReplyDelete