Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Repurposed Book WIP and EDM

The girls just left, so I am in my workroom playing. I just sketched a favorite sound for EDM 223 and hope you like it. I have many sounds that I love, but a pair of bluebirds just moved into one of the houses in the yard and so I have bluebirds on the brain.


Sketched with my Lamy Safari pen and then colored with Caran d'Ache colored pencils.


I've also begun a new repurposed book in the style I will be teaching in August at Small But Mighty Arts in Haslett. I've made my selection and removed the text block. I was hoping to get to the printer today to have the pages cut to size so I could fold them into signatures and get them sewn together. Maybe I will get to that tomorrow and I will have more to show at that time.


I love this cover


This is the inside with the text block removed. The endpapers were nondescript so I will add my own with patterned paper.


I am completely worn out from two days of Miss 8 and Miss 3, but we had a blast. We ran around yesterday and got caught in a downpour; Miss 3 and I worked about 4 different jigsaw puzzles; and the three of us played Doodle Hangman on my computer. I am indeed blessed!!

No matter what is going on in your life, don't forget to count your blessings. I'm afraid I don't remember that bit wisdom often enough.
xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Vicki, I'm currently watching my bluebird house very carefully, hoping to get to see the five little ones fledge within the next day or so! Hope yours have a successful nesting!
    Your sketch is delightful, and your books are always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the cover of that book! It will make a beautiful journal or sketchbook :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Book cover Hope it comes with both WC and Drawing paper.
    Waiting for the birdies. That is always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to seeing the different steps when you repurpose a book....it sounds so interesting and a great way to recycle books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going book cover shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bluebird! You are so lucky to have them visiting. That book cover is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am counting my blessings as I write! Thanks for the reminder. I absolutely LOVE your new repurposed book cover. It's a real winner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your bluebird sketch. I do love the stories you tell about the time spent with your granddaughters too. You are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen a bluebird. But yours are obviously bringing happiness :) Lots of lovely projects.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blue bird living in the lovely yard of a lovely person! Yes, we have many blessings, and it's good to remember them every single day! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. THat's a cute little bird! =) I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great sketch of the little bird. I am looking forward to seeing your finished book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your sketch of the bird. It's very charming and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete