Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pan Pastels WIP and EDM

I finally jumped in and cut out the Adirondacks from their watercolor in progress with the wonky shadows so I could use them as a reverse stencil while playing with my pan pastels. I am using Colourfix Suede paper that I cut to 11" x 14".  Here is the first layer.





I have a small set of pastel pencils that I may use as my next layer. Right now the values are too much the same - the sand is darker than I want, the water needs more variation in color, and the dreaded shadows need to be decided upon. I haven't decided where the sun is yet and will work on that in the next step.


I thought it was interesting how the chairs looked after being used as a reverse stencil.


Aren't they just too cute?

I've also done today's sketch of my thumb - EDM 215:




I have hours of work to do on some new pictures for the web site I administer and should get on it before I return to the Adirondack chairs. Hopefully I will have some time later today to play with the addition of more layers.

Meanwhile, I still haven't heard from the winner of the Inktense pencil giveaway.  Tracy, if I don't hear from you by the weekend, I will have to draw another winner. Please contact me so I can send you these lovely pencils.

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. That is neat how you cut the chairs out for reverse stencils. I hope to try pan pastels sometime - I've heard they are pretty cool. Have a great day.
    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are off to a great start on your painting. I am taking the Donna Downey panpastels 101 and 102. They are so much fun to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Adirondack chairs cut out like that -- you should use them in an art journal or collage when you have finished using them for the painting! Don't you dare throw them away :)

    How's the thumb healing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chairs are looking better and better =)
    Nice sketch on your thumb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes use the chairs, too good to throw away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, they are too cute!!! Your thumb is pretty cute, too! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete