Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Art with the Grandgirls and Watercolor Landscape

We had a very full day here yesterday. Miss P and Miss M stayed overnight on Sunday and we spent a couple of hours at the kitchen table with gesso, gel medium, paper napkins, magazines, scissors, wax crayons and acrylic paints. We had a blast.



These are Miss Morgan's pages. She is four and loves to color. The bunny is a paper napkin and the girl at the mailbox is an image transfer.






These are Miss Payton's pages. She is nine and is definitely an artist in her own right. The wrapped up money is an image transfer and the butterflies are a part of a paper napkin.





And I got some work done in my altered book as well. I added to the first two below that I showed in progress before. And began the bottom two.







And I turned in my homework for the Going Green class. I am not altogether happy with the landscape, but there are parts of it that I like. I can't wait to try another one. I added a digital mat to set it off.





I took the girls to the library for a comedian/magician show and they had a blast. Afterward, we met their Mom at her house and we all went to Kohl's shopping. Boy is Miss P a good shopper. She and her Mom helped me pick out several shirts and pants and were the best judges/critics. I hate shopping and typically end up with an armload of clothes in the dressing room and then after an hour I am hot and irritated and don't find anything I like. I actually came home with a nice selection of nice casual summery clothes. I find since I retired I mostly own kick about clothes, most of which have either paint or gesso on them.


Nancy and I are going into Mason this morning to play with our iPads at the booksellers/coffee shop and I will actually have something besides my khaki capris and pink print shirt to wear. Don't get me wrong, I love that outfit, but it was about the only thing I had to wear except jeans and t-shirts and it is way too hot for jeans.


What do you have planned for the day? Are you sweltering in this heat? Or are you too cold on the other side of the world? Whatever your situation, I surely hope you can find the time to do something for yourself - maybe something creative you can share....


xoxo

6 comments:

  1. what a great time you had creating art!!! Its very warm here, for us its unseasonably warm, Northern Ontario Canada never gets these temps, crazy crazy, I laughed when yousaid everything you own almost has paint on it, same here, I HATE shopping for clothes, and live in the same things,everything I own has paint on it and me too half the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sweltering! Sounds like you had some good helpers for clothing shopping - I hate shopping for clothes and know just what you mean about it; it always makes me angry at myself for getting out of shape and not fitting into small sizes anymore and I come home with nothing - or one top in the same color I already have! ha ha
    Love your artwork and that you are sharing the girls' work, too - so creative and fun for all of you - and us!!
    Stay as cool as you can - this summer has to end sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, I just LOVE how you are always making art with your grandkids!!! I hope I get to do that one day. And these altered books! Wow! Do you just use an old book AS-IS, painting over the pages...or have you taken pages out of a book and put them into a sketchbook?? I'd like to try this myself sometime. All of your pages and your grandgirls pages are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen,

      In this case I am just using a book that I found at a used book sale. I wasn't sure how I was going to like it, but have found that I am beginning to be addicted to doing some art in it every day. It is a great outlet while I am trying to learn watercolor and a great way to work out my frustrations.

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. oh Vicki, what fabulous journal pages!! Looks like you had a blast with your granddaughters. How fun is that!? Your pages are gorgeous too. I think it's great that you're making art with your grandkids. Something they'll remember their entire life, i'm sure. Thank you for sharing. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pages! :) I really like them

    ReplyDelete