Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Busy Weekend Again

Another busy weekend that just seems to have gotten away from me. I can't explain where Saturday went, but I did watch part of the Wimbledon women's final match, did a bit of house cleaning, made a trip to Meijer for odds and ends, mostly cleaning supplies and cleaned up my art room.


On Sunday, I spent the morning at my daughter's house with the girls. They are going with their Dad on vacation for 5 days and I wanted hugs and kisses. Then I came home and did the hour workout with Cathe, walked a mile on the treadmill, and later when my daughter came out for a visit she and I went for a 2 mile walk. So I guess my body has had a pretty good workout, but my muse hasn't been participating much. It was nice to have temps in the 80s (usually much too warm for me) rather then pushing 100.


I did find time to start a watercolor of a vase of flowers. It is not nearly loose enough, but it was an exercise with that medium and practice is what I need most.




Today I am headed for my conditioning class and then my friend, Nancy, and I are going to Chelsea for lunch and to do a bit of drawing. Later this afternoon when my daughter gets off work, she and I are going to walk for an hour or so. I will try to begin a new watercolor this evening. The Tigers are off until Friday because of the All Star Game break, so my evenings will not be spent in front of the television set.


I hope you are happy and healthy and that you are finding time for yourself and your creativity. I hope to have something to share with you tomorrow.

xoxo

7 comments:

  1. such a summery watercolor, beautiful, I get tired just reading your exercise adventures, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki,
    Congrats on your exercise! I'm also a bit envious of your clean studio, mine has been a real mess lately! Also: I like your flowers in vase, they look very natural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, I enjoy seeing watercolors. I haven't done much of this myself yet...but someday : )
    You have a lovely blog, I just happened upon!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so great getting together with you today (even without the drawing), and I love the summery watercolor. See you Wed! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole idea of loosening up is something I have to constantly work on...

    I just finished watching Prince Fielder win the Homerun Derby--I grew up in Flint, so I am a Tiger fan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! That would be really loose for me. ;)
    You are really getting out and about and getting in your exercising. That's wonderful. Funny how when it's been 100 then 80 seems so much cooler. All relative. ;)

    ReplyDelete