Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Walking, Sketching and Painting

Yesterday morning I drove to my daughter's house and she and I walked and walked. The weather was lovely - sunny and about 65º with a breeze. I wore my pedometer and by the end of our time together we'd walked 3.91 miles. Yay!!! We will do it again tomorrow morning. Today I have my conditioning class and hope to work out with Cathe when I get home. I am planning to use 5 lb. hand weights this time. I just wish I lived a bit closer to my daughter so I didn't have to drive to get to her.


The hubster is working on a special project for a friend/customer so we went to Menard's in the afternoon. I found some joint compound tape with holes in it and it is stick and peel. I read about it on someone's blog, but don't whose. I read so many wonderful blogs, many of them art journal related, that I daren't guess where I saw it. I will show it to you when I use it in my altered book.


Meanwhile, I spent a bit of time traveling to Colorado and found a real nice barn to sketch and I'd like to share it with you.





And then later in the evening when the All Star game failed to keep my attention, I got out some handmade paper I'd bought a couple of years ago and attempted a watercolor of a cottage. Between my lack of skill with watercolor and the properties of this handmade paper, I'm afraid it is not very good, but I will share it anyway. There are some small parts with which I am pleased.





I think today I will try wet in wet flowers or perhaps some pears. They feel safer to me.


What do you have planned for today? Are you being creative? Is your muse being cooperative? I look forward to seeing your art if you will share it.


xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I have to tell you that your progress in drawing & painting buildings is to be applauded! These two pieces are really, really, good. You nailed the perspective, and I think the watercolor is just fine. I like the sky a lot, and I like the minimal way you treated the houses walls and roof. Well done, my friend!! See ya in a few. hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nancy, your improving all the time. The perspective is good, you could try squinting to find some values for the cottage and add a few shadows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great buildings Vicki, I love the softness of the cottage watercolour

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I really like about the watercolour are the purple flowers - really lovely, and so atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanx for sharing, cause I like your watercolour!!!

    ReplyDelete