Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Just A Bit of This and That

I've been complaining about the heat a bit, but I haven't really been out in it - until yesterday that is. It is so enervating. I am quite sure I wouldn't last long if I had an outdoor job. We did get just a teaser of rain in the early morning hours, but it is forecast that we will reach 100ยบ today. This is not my kind of weather at all. I'd be happy with mid-70s and a breeze.


We did have the daughter and her two girls out for a cookout and then the girls and I played Yahtzee for a bit before they went home. And the Tigers finally performed like I know they can and won a game from the Twins last evening.


I did get a chance to play a bit in my altered book and I think these two pages are now done.




And then I "traveled" to Sorede, France, where I found a very cute street scene to sketch. I decided to try for a folk art look, so colored it using my Neocolor II wax crayons. I'm not sure I got the look I was going for, but here it is.





I don't have any plans for today - life drawing class is cancelled for the holiday.  I do need to find a way to get some exercise today so may try getting on the treadmill. I haven't been on it for a long time now since I have such soreness in my right upper leg and hip. For now I am going to go watch some tennis.


I hope you are staying cool (or if you are in the southern hemisphere, staying warm) and that you are finding time for your creativity. I know I am looking forward to seeing what you are working on.


xoxo

4 comments:

  1. lovely pages, I'm with you, I dislike the heat,

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heat and humidity of summer have always been an insufferable bane to me since growing up when nobody had air conditioning. I remember sticking to the sheets, rubbing ice cubes all over our faces and necks, lying face down on the cement floor in the basement to get cool, sweat running in dirt-encrusted rivulets down our bodies and faces, and hordes of hungry mosquitoes. I hated it then and I hate it now. I'm so thankful for air conditioning, I can't even tell you.

    Love your artwork. Stay inside where it's cool!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the folksy look of your French drawing! It's quite fun. The book is coming along nicely - I'll have to see it in the flesh when you finish it. BTW, Rita's comment really made me laugh, having spent summers in St. Louis when I was a girl, also before air conditioning. I was relegated to sleeping on a really picky sofa in the living room.... not very comfy. hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tea or coffee cup Vicki... the book is looking pretty fab... have had a great time scrolling back and catching up on all you have been doing... heading back now to comment on some of my favourites!!!

    ReplyDelete