Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Getting A Late Start

Miss Z and her big sister, Miss K stayed the night with us last night. I am happy to report that I got a good night's sleep. Miss K slept in a sleeping bag on our bedroom floor.


The girls and I had a fun morning playing and visiting until Miss Z went down for a nap and then Miss K and I played with art supplies.





I worked in my art room on a new 2 page spread:

First layer - black gesso blotted with a paper towel.


2nd layer - images from the yellow pages.


Third layer - stamps with acrylic paint and writing with white gel pen.


I am planning to do more, but am not sure what yet - maybe some random paint spatters or drippage (don't you just love that word?) and perhaps an image transfer.


Meanwhile, while I was at work in my secret dangerous lab art room, Miss K was at the kitchen table with an old issue of Real Simple, a pair of scissors, a blank journal and a glue stick. This is what she's come up with for her first page:


I so love the art my grandgirls produce.

I am hoping to get started on my next lesson for my Going Green class after the girls are picked up this afternoon and hope to have something to share with you tomorrow.


What are you up to today? Are you being creative? I hope so and I hope you will share what you are doing. 


xoxo

4 comments:

  1. You must be a huge positive influence to your beautiful Ms. Z and K. I like what you whipped up in your lab today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Z has such beautiful eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so behind on reading blogs. :( I think thursday I was trying to catch up online, too. ;)

    I also like the word drippage! I have to try that some day soon, myself. Nice that the girls are playing with art at a young age. You are a fine example for them to blossom! :):)

    ReplyDelete