Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

30 in 30 Day 26

For today's painting I made some pears using the airbrush feature in the iPad app My Brushes. I've been spending so much time in front of the tv watching the Australian Open that digital seemed the way to go. I have no excuses now until Roland Garros (the French Open) in late May, so I think I'd better spend some time in the art room and I'd better pack some art supplies for my getaway to Pensacola Beach.




I've made my lists for the packing portion of the trip, but have not actively started yet. Perhaps this afternoon I will spend some time getting bags out and supplies in hand. I don't look forward to the clothing part as it means that I have to gather them, try them on, and launder them. I guess I'd better start that process this afternoon.


I walked uphill an hour on the treadmill already this morning and have heated the arm and done my therapy exercises. It is almost time to do another round of stretches. I am seeing an improvement in the range of motion, but the pain is still extremely uncomfortable and sometimes almost unbearable. My hardest time is upon awakening - my hand, wrist and upper arm are stiff and achy to the point where I almost don't want to get up. But once I heat the arm and get moving, I am able to relieve it somewhat. I am trying really hard not to take pain meds as I think they are so bad for other parts of your body.


I am going to load some meditation tapes onto my iPod, both open ended and guided, and hope to find some relief getting lost in those when the pain needs to be overcome. I am hopeful that a month of warmer temperatures, walks on the beach and good company will help my recovery.


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your skills with all things computery. Very nice pears - I like the softness of them. hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete