Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

AEDM and Altered CDs

I didn't have much art time yesterday, but I did spend a bit of time on one of the altered CDs I am currently working on. And I have been doing a lot of planning for art in my head (the world looks so different when I am in my "art" mode.).

Tweetie Peetie has no school today, so I will probably not get any art done during the day - I will spend some time getting her started with art. She is interested in altering a CD, too. I'll have to see how that goes. Her Mom gets home around 4:30 PM today, so I should be able to get some art time later this evening.

For now, I have a bit of progress to show on one of the CDs. I am totally unhappy with the sun. I will either have to cut one out of card stock or maybe use some gouache to get a better differentiated one. This one just looks like a small spill of light yellow paint. I am happy with the picture of the girl and the words.



That's all I have today. Don't forget to live in the moment.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think the sun is that bad at all, but you could try making it a little bigger. I love the idea of altering CD's, and the words and girl pic are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The CD is looking great - I don't mind the sun either, but I know things look different in real life. I think you've done well to find the time to do art with the children around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The placement of the image and the words are fantastic Vicki, loving the background too! I am sure you will get the sun just the way you want it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cool thing to alter cd's! the sun looks good to me. if you wanted to bring it out more, maybe it could use a little definition with ink?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki ~ thank you for your nice comment on my Magpie's Nest! I Love this CD, great words too! Hope you get your computer issues cleared up, that certainly can be a panic! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete