Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween and AEDM

These are two of my grandgirls (I know that is not technically a word, but it is part of my vocabulary) getting ready to go out for Halloween candy. They met up with my son and his daughter (my other grandgirl), but I didn't get a picture. They had a great time together and got WAY too much candy. When my children were young and I was teaching, I started a tradition at our house. When they were sleeping after going trick or treat, the Halloween witch would come to our house and take most of the candy. I would take the candy to school and use it as incentives for most of the rest of the year.

For this first day of AEDM (art every day month), I finished up a swap I am participating in - double saran wrap stamped watercolor paper. This background is really beautiful and you can get some really different effects depending on colors used, how much you scrunch the saran wrap, and the final stamp you use. It was my messiest project yet. My art table is covered in fine colored drops - rather pretty actually. Amazingly I didn't get any on my clothes.

Today is my favorite day for the crossword in the newspaper. Saturday's puzzle tends to be the most difficult and so is much more fun than earlier in the week. Wouldn't you know it, the newspaper isn't here yet. It is usually delivered much earlier than this. My daughter works today so I am in charge of two little ones. I have already showered and am on my second cup of coffee. Maybe the 5 year old and I will do some artwork together when (if) the baby takes a nap. Here is a face she made for Halloween. She is quite the little artist, don't you think?


Have a great day and don't forget to live in the moment!

7 comments:

  1. The grandgirls are darling and I love your backgrounds : ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki!
    Your saran wrap technique swaps looks AWESOME! The recipients will be SO pleased when they get them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the MAT for October!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo, lovely paper!! and your grandgirl made such a sweet little painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'll have to try that saran wrap technique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful backgrounds - I've got to try that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful "grandgirls". I always appreciate when people make up their own words that suit their purposes :) ~Sara

    ReplyDelete