Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

AEDM and Blog Award

We had a lovely Thanksgiving Day with our nuclear family and an uncle and a nephew. We all ate too much; the food was delicious. It was so nice to have the 2nd of our three grandgirls for the day. She was a joy. She has a unique sense of humor and kept us all in smiles.

I didn't get a chance to do any art of the traditional kind, but I think orchestrating a large meal and entertaining even a small gathering is an art in itself, so I am considering this my AEDM daily post.


Brenda, my wonderful, talented, Aussie friend has awarded me my first blog award. This award states that: This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY- nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends, they are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.

I sincerely appreciate this award and I am supposed to pass it on to 8 more bloggers who meet the criteria as outlined in the preceding paragraph. I am giving this award to

1. Karin 2. Elise 3. Leah 4. Carol 5. Serena 6. Tammy 7. Linda 8. Steve

Check these people out. They are bloggers with big hearts and lots of talent.

6 comments:

  1. dear vicki, it is very kind of you to give me an award of any kind! as you might or might now realize, I don't usually accept awards nor do I do meme's however there are times when an award is more like an acknowledgment of intention, as is this one....I like that and humbly accept your kind words about my blog....thank you so very much....8 people is probably more than I know but I will do my best to fulfill the requirements. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. "now" is supposed to be "not"...sigh.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((HUGS))) Vicki!! you have made my day! WOW! You are so sweet! Thank you kindly for this very "Special" award,(it's my first ever award too) I am smiling :o)
    Sounds like you had a fantastic Thanksgiving Day with your loved ones, that is awesome. Thanks again Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Vicki! I'm honored! :-) Happy holidays to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki! Thanks very much - that was sweet of you, and it's an honor to be considered this way. I regret that I can't pass it on, but I hope others do. I did mention that you awarded it to me - and hopefully people who are curious about my mention of it will come see about it on your blog. Again - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki: sorry I'm late to this but have been working out of the house with no computer (fruit stands/holiday stands are more hands on than tech). What a lovely award! Thank you so much! And btw, do I count 12 kids in your family?!!!! That had to be an adventure growing up! I'm an only - can't imagine. =]

    ReplyDelete