Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

ATCs and AEDM2

It is November 2nd and so far I am doing art every day this month - hey, I have to give myself pep talks sometimes. Today my daughter worked so I had her 2 youngsters all day. It is difficult to get anything done (let alone art) with two very busy little girls running around.

I made this ATC in answer to a challenge with a theme of "time" in one of the Yahoo! groups I belong to and really had fun with it. I also made dinner today. My husband is usually the cook, but I decided I wanted to do this one. I made homemade meatloaf with baked potatoes and frozen whole kernel corn. The 5-year-old declared it to be the best meal ever and that I was the best "cooker" ever. I think maybe really enjoying cooking for one's family counts as creating and would meet the criteria for AEDM. I did, after all, set the table artfully and present the dishes well. ROFL!

Also had some visitors to our yard today. I didn't have the long lens on the camera and they were moving so quickly I didn't want to take a chance of missing them altogether to go get it. My husband told me that about a week ago they were even closer - right behind the deck - and that the 1-year-old walked right behind them up the hill and across the yard.

I have the next two days off and so hope to get lots of art started and/or finished. I have a couple of swaps/round robins to get in the mail and then need to clean up my space and begin on more. I should work on another face, too. I think I am going to try to do a transfer of one of my sketches onto canvas and then paint it with acrylics.

Until next time, don't forget to live in the moment.

6 comments:

  1. Hi - came over from AEDM - and since this is my 3rd year I know for a fact that cooking is definitely fitting! Plus I love your ATC. Also - sitting the little ones is the most creative of all! Nice reading about your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came over from AEDM. I like your ATC ...and birds are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ATC is such fun. Sounds like that meatloaf was pretty yummy.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. Yes, Paulette's class has been wonderful. We have another lesson today but I just checked and it hasn't been posted yet, which is unusual. I think we are using the neocolors today to build up the face so that should be interesting. She is definitely running another faces and backgrounds class next year sometime. Have you signed up for her email advice on upcoming classes? BTW I have never ever made an ATC - maybe the last person on earth???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you are busy here! You all and your AEDMs and ATCs, I'm a little out of it! But it's nice seeing what you do, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, i would think that would count, sometimes dinner can be creative, especially if unplanned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely say cooking counts as creativity... especially if you can get a five year old to eat it (at least that's how it is oin my house) Love your ATC card!

    ReplyDelete