Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

AEDM6 and the Fat (Obese) Book


I had the most wonderful delivery by the postal service today. It was the fat book that I participated in with 119 other artists. Each of us made 120 4 x 4 pages with an example of a technique on one side and the instructions on the other. Can you imagine what a book with 120 techniques with examples and instructions would cost???
I am in awe and can't wait to try some of them. There were too many to try to bind them, so I borrowed an idea from another member of the swap and put them in an 8 x 8 scrapbook with 8 in each page protector - 4 on each side back to back.


I also did a little bit of drawing today. I tried my hand at making a picture ala Brenda of The Crafty Chook. I am not totally happy with it, but I think it is not bad. I think I will try coloring it with my new Neocolor IIs and see how I like them. I have been thinking about a technique I read about online somewhere (sorry it was a long time ago) in which you cut a picture out of a magazine and gesso lightly over it so the features still show a bit through and then use pens or colored pencils or acrylics or watercolors to do your own rendering of the photo. I may have to try that sometime as a change of pace.



We had another beautiful day in the low 70s today. The weatherman predicts that this is the last one for a very long time. We are expecting 50s tomorrow and then 40s and rain for a couple of days after that. I knew it couldn't last forever.

I have blood work, a mammogram and a dexascan (bone density) in the morning, so need to get settled for the night.

I'll say tata for now and don't forget to live in the moment.

5 comments:

  1. Aaaah, Vicki, you are so lucky you have your fat book already. Living in Australia I still have a little bit of a wait :-(. Fantastic idea to put it in an 8x8 album. I must be patient, I must be patient. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki, I hope your procedures went well. I am in awe of this "Fat Book", what a wonderful way for artists to share talent and inspiration! Cheers :o)p.s. liking your sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool, what an amazing project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the fat book looks like it must be loaded with inspiration!

    have fun with those neo-colors. they're great to work with.

    ReplyDelete